To make online bookings simply click the “BOOK HERE” button below and the booking online page will pop up on a new page.
If you just want to make an email booking enquiry, PLEASE fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible to answer any questions and confirm availability for your possible booking.
It is not 5 star luxury, but we can say with confidence that it is UNIQUE.
The builder lived in a shed on-site, and craned in a train carriage to use as a workshop, whist building the house. It is an eclectic construction, built on a framework of local tree poles. In parts, it is three storeys high. The interior is a mixture of parts from the train carriage, locally felled timber, materials from a nearby church, and other salvaged bits and pieces. The original build is reputed to have taken over 5 years.
Forrest is a gorgeous small town of weatherboard shacks, surrounded by towering Mountain Ash rainforest with verdant ferny understory. It is lush and abundant. The dawn birdsong is deafening. The surrounding Otways rainforest is a pristine playground for nature-based things to do.
Linen and towels are included and beds will be made up for you on arrival.
• Upstairs master bedroom with claw foot bath.
• Two singles are zipped together as a King.
• Upstairs reading room with balcony has three singles, 2 singles can be zipped together to make a King.
• Downstairs is a third bedroom has a Queen bed
• There is a third storey loft with a loft ladder and landing.
• This is available as another bedroom for someone nimble.
Total: 5 singles (two of which convert to King beds), 1 double, 1 Queen. Enough beds to sleep 9, but Maximum guests = 8